Web Content Writing Intern
DiscoverNEPA is seeking highly motivated Web Content Writers to assist in the composition of original copy describing amenities and attractions throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania. This is a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the region’s most comprehensive quality-of-life website. In addition to gaining professional experience, your work will have a direct impact on promoting this region as a great place to live, learn, work, and play.
- Write new copy for website and collateral pieces
- Edit existing copy for website and collateral pieces
- Research amenities and attractions throughout the region for possible inclusion on the website
- Brainstorm and create content for our social media campaign
- Collaborate with Photography, Social Media, and other Web Content Writer interns
- Actively contribute to weekly team meetings
- Research and assist with developing marketing material
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or New Media with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to produce engaging content – candidate will be asked to demonstrate this during the interview
- Creative thinker
- Very task-oriented
- Ability to work independently and as a productive member of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills required with experience on the Macintosh platform preferred
- These are semester-long or full academic year positions.
- Interns will be compensated at a rate of $10 per hour.
- Hours are flexible and can accommodate your class schedule.
- Internships will be based out of: Mericle Commercial Real Estate Services Corporate Office, 100 Baltimore Drive, Wilkes-Barre, PA.