Photography / Videography Intern
DiscoverNEPA is seeking energetic and creative interns to help us capture the beauty of Northeastern Pennsylvania. These interns will travel throughout the region to capture various amenities, events, and attractions to be showcased on the website. In addition to the professional experience you will gain, your work will have a direct impact on promoting this region as a great place to live, learn, work, and play.
- Work with the Videographer and Creative Director to discuss the images and videos required
- Complete a shot list prior to photo shoots
- Accompany and assist the Videographer on location
- Shoot photos and video of area amenities and attractions
- Serve as the visual observer for drone operations
- Organize, resize, and retouch images and video
- Collaborate with the Digital Media Specialist intern to edit video
- Maintain and organize equipment
- Actively participate in weekly team meetings
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Digital Design and Media Art, Mass Communications, Marketing, or related field with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A strong working knowledge of technical equipment, including lenses, lighting and appropriate software
- Experience shooting photo and video with a DSLR camera
- Drone operations experience a plus
- Motivated, self-starter who is very task oriented
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends to photograph events (no overnight travel required)
- Strong computer skills required with experience on the Macintosh platform preferred
- These are semester-long or full academic year positions.
- Interns will be compensated at a rate of $10 per hour.
- Hours are flexible and can accommodate your class schedule.
- Internships will be based out of: Mericle Commercial Real Estate Services Corporate Office, 100 Baltimore Drive, Wilkes-Barre, PA.