The Forty Fort Meeting House, located in the Old Forty Fort Cemetery, has the distinction of being the first completed church used for religious services in the area.
Built in the early 1800s in the New England meeting house style, it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. The Meeting House is still owned and operated by the Forty Fort Cemetery Association.
It has remained virtually unchanged since 1807 and currently hosts numerous events throughout the year, including docent-led tours from May thru September.
Photography by: Courtney Snyder
© 2019 DiscoverNEPA, LLC. All rights reserved.