Triple-A Baseball Makes Welcome Return to PNC Field with RailRiders' May 11 Home Opener
Safe start to season means limited capacity for now, but fan-favorite, home game promotions kick off on day one.
The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders are all warmed up for a spectacular 2021 season. And they’re welcoming fans back to PNC Field with an exciting 60-game home schedule. At the moment, due to COVID-19 restrictions, the team is only releasing single-game tickets for the first 12 home contests in May. Tickets for the remainder of the team’s home schedule will be made available as the season progresses and as COVID-19 protocols continue to evolve.
Sales for May’s single-game tickets, available online only, open on Tuesday, April 27 at 10 A.M.
Nothing can stop the family-friendly fun at PNC Field.
Despite limited capacity, fans can still expect plenty of awesome promotions throughout the season. Of course, it all starts with the traditional, Opening Day, post-game fireworks. The spectacular displays continue after all 10 Friday night home games. In addition to hosting NEPA’s favorite fireworks show all season long, the RailRiders are loading the bases with a full schedule of familiar summer fun.
Sundays welcome back the ever-popular Geisinger Family Fun Day. Kids 12 and under enjoy discounted Dippin’ Dots all day and the chance to round the bases after the game.
Add a beer and a ball game to your typical Tuesday routine. They’re lining up the Landshark tallboys all season long for $2 Tuesdays. This promotion does not apply to Opening Day.
Hump day is for the dogs. Fan favorite, Waggin’ Wednesdays are back. Bring your pooch and enjoy dollar hot dogs during the game. This season, the RailRiders will welcome donations for local animal shelters in lieu of “dog tickets.”
Channel those “almost there” weekend vibes to Thirsty Thursdays. Enjoy dollar Bud Light drafts and Pepsi fountain drinks for 2 hours after gates open.
Fridays at PNC Field are all about honoring our local frontline workers. In addition to post-game fireworks, the RailRiders will also offer complimentary tickets to local frontline workers for every Friday home game.
Select Saturdays throughout the season will feature awesome giveaways. On Saturday, May 15, the first 2,500 fans will receive a 2021 magnet schedule. And on Saturday, May 29, the first 2,500 get a RailRiders face mask.
Keep an eye on the RailRiders throughout the season as additional promotions and updated ticketing information will be announced.
Updated Health and Safety Protocols at PNC Field
In an effort to ensure the safety of fans, players and stadium staff, the RailRiders have adopted health and safety protocols aligned with state, CDC and Major League Baseball guidelines. Here’s what you can expect when you visit for a game:
- All tickets are now digital to eliminate unnecessary points of contact. The stadium has also adopted a “cashless” point of sale policy for all operations of the park.
- “Pod” seating – based on social distancing guidelines. Seats in the vicinity of each “pod” will be blocked off.
- Separate entry and exit points from the stadium. No stadium re-entry will be allowed (with the exception of rain delays).
- Masks must be worn at all times except when actively eating or drinking in ticketed seats. And social distancing will be encouraged within concession lines, restrooms and the Team Store.
- Designated smoking areas have been temporarily suspended until further notice.
- State, CDC and MLB guidelines also prohibit players from signing autographs.
- Stadium staff will perform enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols frequently throughout each game.
- Public address announcements will periodically remind fans of social distancing and face covering policies.
- There will be a 12-foot “buffer zone” between seats and dugouts
- Due to evolving state, CDC and MLB guidelines and restrictions, PNC Field may make additional changes to regular stadium procedures throughout the season.