Kick Off July With Classic Summer Fun at Knoebels
Summer crowds should expect slight changes to most park procedures.
The wait is finally over. After a delayed opening and a long spring of social distancing, disinfecting and staff training, the gates will finally open at Knoebels Amusement Resort in Elysburg. The Northumberland County destination has spent most of the last three months preparing for this day. Now, as Pennsylvania carefully begins to reopen entertainment venues and attractions, the beloved park aims to help bring back a dose of much-needed summer fun.
As the park, staff and visitors settle into new, COVID-19-related restrictions and procedures, Knoebels will open daily from noon until 8 pm. Park officials expect to open with over 30 rides, along with most food vendors, games and gift shops. During this initial opening phase, visitors must use individual ride tickets.
Important Adjustments to Normal Park Operations
The Knoebels team has been busy preparing the park for an influx of visitors. They’ve placed more than 150 hand sanitizing stations throughout the park. Guests will also find visible health and safety reminders around the property and sneeze guards at food stands, shops and guest services. Knoebels will also closely monitor and manage park capacity.
Additionally, Knoebels kindly asks guests to:
- Wear a mask. Guests over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask throughout the park except while dining.
- Refrain from visiting if you have a fever, symptoms of respiratory infection, recently returned from overseas, or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Maintain social distancing. Please follow In-park signage directing guests to remain six feet apart.
- Wash hands frequently. Approximately 150 hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the park.
- Plan for extra wait times. Social distancing and frequent sanitizing will likely result in increased wait times.
- Expect temporary closures. Additional sanitizing procedures could result in temporary closures of rides, food stands, shops, games and restrooms. Some attractions will be unavailable this year.
- Follow all verbal and written safety instructions. Be respectful to fellow park guests and Knoebels staff.
- Don’t forget to have fun! Thank you for your cooperation to keep Knoebels a safe and fun experience for all staff and fellow park guests.
Vote Knoebels! America’s Best Amusement Park and More…
Knoebels is currently featured in three USA Today 2020 Readers’ Choice poll categories.
They’ve made the list, but now they need you to get them to the top. Knoebels has been chosen by USA Today’s amusement park experts as one of North America’s best. And, now it’s up to readers, faithful park-goers and fans to determine the ranking order. Let’s do our part to get NEPA’s favorite amusement park to the top in all three categories.
Cast Your Vote Today!
Best Roller Coaster
If you know Knoebels, you know the Phoenix. This wooden giant has been painting smiles on park visitors since 1985. There’s simply no better way to get a panoramic view of the whole park. Just don’t blink or you’ll miss it.
Best Amusement Park Restaurant
There’s no shortage of food and snack options at Knoebels. But if you asked 100 random park-goers where to get the best slice of pizza, they’d likely come back with only one answer – Cesari’s. And, you’d get the same answer if you asked about canolli, stromboli, calzone and so on…
Best Amusement Park
Drumroll please! And now, the big one. The competition represents a range of amusement park heavy hitters from around the country. Few, however, so perfectly create that honest, family-friendly feel quite like Knoebels. Let’s make sure everybody knows it.